Dinosaurs - Stages 1-3
Students explore the world of dinosaurs through skeletons, life-size models, skulls, teeth, claws and hundreds of other fossils.
Students investigate when and where dinosaurs lived, Australian dinosaurs, predator and prey, living dinosaurs and extinction. They experience the drama of a dinosaur stampede that occurred 95 million years ago in Queensland in a life-size animation. There are many hands-on and interactive exhibits and students observe the palaeontology lab to see how real dinosaur fossils are excavated. Students use written stimulus questions to investigate the Dinosaurs exhibition.
- Syllabus links: Science and Technology Stages 1-3
- Maximum number of students: No limit on student numbers
- Duration: One hour
- Cost: General Museum entry charge per student
- Location: Dinosaurs exhibition, Level 2
Dinosaurs Stages 1-3 Education Resource Kit
- Teacher Notes
- Student Activities
- Dinosaur Exhibition Guide
- Exhibition Floorplan
- Australian Museum Guide Map
Ms Helen Wheeler , Education Project Officer