Booking an education group
Charges for education groups and how to book an excursion to the Australian Museum. Bookings are essential.
What we need to know
- Name of the person arranging the excursion and their contact details
- Name and address of your school/organisation
- Which educator-led program and/or self-guided exhibition visit you'd like
- 3 possible dates for the excursion in case your first preference is not available
- Approximate number of students
- School year group or level of the students
How to book
Bookings are taken for groups of 10 or more students. Exemptions do apply.
- Phone:(02) 9320 6222 or (+612) 9320 6222 for international visitors
- Email: Group bookings office
- Fax: (02) 9320 6072 (please print and fax this Education Group Visit Request Form)
Free general entry for booked primary and secondary school students.
- Self-guided programs
- Trailblazers exhibition
A charge of $4.00 (GST free) per student.
- Educator-led programs
A charge of $4.40 (GST incl) per student for each educator-led session. Some art or special programs may have an additional charge for the cost of materials - please ask when booking.
- David Attenborough's Virtual Reality Experiences
A charge of $8.00 for one VR experience or $10.00 for one VR experience and full Museum access.
How to pay
Your Booking Confirmation form will indicate the cost of your educator-led sessions.
Payment by cheque, cash, credit card or eftpos may be made at the time of your visit.
Invoicing is also available to education and tour groups. Please ensure you provide our Booking Office with full postal and contact details when making your booking and advise them of your request to invoice. Your tax invoice will be issued to you at the time of your visit to submit to your office for payment.
Information to assist teachers in risk management planning for their education group excursion to the Australian Museum.
Education Program Brochures
Information for teachers about maximising learning opportunities before, during and after a visit to the Museum.
Students with disabilities
All education programs at the Australian Museum are available to students with physical or learning disabilities. Please discuss your students' specific needs with the Booking Officer when booking the excursion so we can maximised the learning opportunites for them during their visit.
Save time: keep in touch with us via e-newsletters, social media and our blog.