History information and tours for teachers and students.
A selection of our favourite anecdotes, events, tales and yarns.
- The oldest diorama in Australia?
- Specimens lost to the Australian Museum
- Lord Howe Island connections
- A Pride of Lions
- The Catadon Polka
- Giant Tortoise Sectioned
- Dear Mr Darwin - The Long Gallery
- Films For Mr Everyman
- The Chusan Ball
- Australian Museum photographers' field trip to Mornington Island in 1975
Learn more about various parts of the Museum.
- History of the Library
- History of the Palaeontology Department
- History of the Mammal Department
- History of the Exhibition and Preparation Department
- History of the Education Department
- History of the Minerals Department
- History of the Anthropology Department
- History of the Australian Museum Society (TAMS)
- History of Ichthyology
Stories about people with connections to the Museum