Surviving Australia - Stages 1-3
Students discover animal strategies for survival in Australia's changing climate and landscape using written stimulus questions in the Surviving Australia exhibition.
Students investigate Australian islands, dangerous and backyard animals, habitats, marine waters, classification and adaptations. They see life-size reconstructions and fossils of extinct Australian Megafauna and observe live Australian animals. There are many hands-on and interactive exhibits to inspire your students.
- Syllabus links: Science and Technology, HSIE
- Duration: One hour
- Cost: General Museum entry charge per student
- Location: Surviving Australia exhibition, Level 2
Education Resource Kit
- A. Teacher Notes
- B. Student Activity 1 - Environment Matters
- C. Student Activity 2 - Ancient Land
- D. Exhibition Guide
- E. Exhibition Floorplan
- F. Australian Museum Guide Map
Ms Helen Wheeler , Education Project Officer