Surviving Australia - Stages 1-3
Students discover animal strategies for survival in Australia's changing climate and landscape.
Students investigate Australian islands, dangerous and backyard animals, habitats, marine waters, classification and adaptations. They see life-size reconstructions and fossils of extinct Australian Megafauna and observe live Australian animals. There are many hands-on and interactive exhibits to inspire your students.
- Syllabus links: Science and Technology, HSIE
- Duration: One hour
- Cost: General Museum entry charge per student
- Location: Surviving Australia exhibition, Level 2
Education Resource Kit
- Teacher Notes
- Student Activity 1 - Environment Matters
- Student Activity 2 - Ancient Land
- Exhibition Guide
- Exhibition Floorplan
- Australian Museum Guide Map
Ms Helen Wheeler , Education Project Officer