Skeletons - Stage 2 Teacher Notes
Skeletons: Framework for survival exhibition is an exciting self-guided program for Stage 2 students.
Before your visit
- Excursion essentials - booking, free teacher's pass, lunch and practical tips
This activity addresses aims and objectives of the NSW K-6 Science and Technology Syllabus. It is particularly relevant to the Living Things content strand - Identifies, describes the structure of living things and ways in which living things interact with other living things and their environment.
Before Your Visit
- To make the most of your visit to the exhibition we recommend that you prepare your students beforehand by providing a context for the excursion to the Museum including the reasons for visiting the Museum, the tasks to be completed and the expected outcomes.
Please photocopy the:
- Skeletons Stage 2 Student Activity for each student (or one for each group).
The following materials should be photocopied for each supervising adult:
- Australian Museum Guide Map
- Your excursion timetable including your booked session time(s).
- Skeletons Stage 2 Student Activity
At the Australian Museum
- Use the Museum Guide Map to guide the students to the Skeleton: Framework for survival exhibition on the ground level of the Museum.
- Advise the students that they will investigate different areas of this exhibition.
- We suggest that you divide the students into groups to rotate through the various activities in order to avoid overcrowding of the displays.
Jenny Horder , Manager