Image Gallery: Science Strategy Panel
Research at the Australian Museum involves the study of our collections and how they tell us about our world and history. We seek to ensure that our research is relevant and innovative, drawing on the vast resources of knowledge within our collection. The Science Strategy Panel provides an objective viewpoint on our research and assists the Museum in communicating its research activities to the wider public.
Terms of Reference
1. Provide advice to the Trust on the science ‘pillars’ of the Museum’s Corporate Strategic Plan (2011 – 2014) relating to the theme “Globally Significant Knowledge Base of Collections and Research”:
- Inspiring Collections
- A Trusted Adviser and Partner
- Research that Makes a Difference
2. Facilitate integration between these three pillars of the strategy, and between the science pillars and other related elements of the CSP.
3. Raise the profile and public understanding of the Australian Museum’s science capacity and outputs.
Professor Merlin Crossley (Chair; Dean, Faculty of Science, UNSW)
Dr Jim Peacock (Fellow, CSIRO)
Professor John Mattick (Executive Director, Garvan Institute of Medical Research)
Professor Steve Simpson (ARC Laureate Fellow, University of Sydney)
Dr Joanne Daly (Strategic Advisor, Science, Strategy & People, CSIRO)
Dr Kate Wilson (Executive Director, Science, Office of Environment and Heritage)
Dr James Moody (Executive Director, Development, CSIRO)
Ms Karina Kelly (AM Trustee)
Professor Amanda Lawson (Dean, Faculty of Creative Arts, University of Wollongong; AM Trustee)
Catherine Livingstone (ex officio; President AM Trust)
Frank Howarth (ex officio; AM, Director)
Brian Lassig (ex officio; AM, Assistant Director, Research & Collections)
Download our Science Strategy http://australianmuseum.net.au/Science-Strategy/