School groups: Menagerie exhibition
A contemporary exhibition featuring animal sculptures by established and emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists.
Students can see how Indigenous artists have combined traditional object making skills with modern materials and methodologies to create outstanding examples of contemporary Australian art, craft and design.
They can discover the stories behind each sculpture as the artist reveals their relationship with the animals; their environment and the social, cultural and political realities that surround Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people today.
- Syllabus links: Visual Arts, Science and Technology, HSIE K-6, Visual Arts, History, Aboriginal Studies Stages 4-6.
- Cost: Free after general Museum entry charge
- Location: Ground Level
- Available: 22 December 2012 to 2 March 2014
Education Resource Kits
- Education Kit - information about the artists, their methods and materials.
- Student Workbook - activities for students.
- Australian Museum Guide Map
Ms Helen Wheeler , Education Project Officer