School groups: Aztecs exhibition
200 cultural treasures from Mexico’s major museums.
Students will discover striking objects that tell the story of Aztec daily life, beliefs and values, war and human sacrifice. Our blockbuster Aztecs exhibition also explores their downfall at the hands of the Spanish and their resounding legacy.
Through archaeological finds, intricate models, multi-media, and objects students can learn about this fascinating culture. They are able to walk into the Great Temple, reconstructed at one-tenth real size, to explore aspects of the Aztec’s belief system. They can see everyday objects that tell the story of common life, social structure, the economy, sport and agriculture.
- Syllabus links: History Years K-10, Visual Arts K-10
- Location: Ground Level
- Cost: $10 per pre-booked school student (includes general Museum entry)
- Dates available: 13 September 2014 to 1 February 2015
How to book
Please go to our booking an education group page to make your booking and find out everything you need to know.
You might also be interested in...
- Teacher Preview Night: Aztecs Exhibition - teachers are invited to a free and exclusive evening on Thursday 18 September. Registrations now open.
- Education Resources - our Aztecs Education Kits contain pre-visit, onsite and post-visit activities for students:
Primary Education Kit
Secondary Education Kit
Ms Helen Wheeler , Education Project Officer