Museum in a Box - Sea Creatures
Boxes are currently available each school term for set loan periods of three weeks. Museum in a Box can be sent to and collected from any educational institution within New South Wales.
The Sea Creatures box is a resource designed specifically for Early Childhood. The materials in the box have been carefully chosen to support both a factual approach to sea creatures as well as to spark creative, imaginative responses to them.
The box includes many specimens that would be found at the beach, in rock pools and in the sea. Model sea stars, octopus and fish can all be used to recreate the underwater world.
- Replica Wobbegong shark, turtle, octopus and fish
- A sea horse, crabs, coral and sharks' teeth embedded in clear plastic resin
- Real shells, sea stars and sea urchins
- Decorator Crab flip book
- Magnetic puzzle, mix and match poster and images of magnified marine life
- Coral Seas DVD
- Hand puppets, finger puppets, felt seaweed and fabric to recreate marine habitats
- Octopus poster, story and reference books
- Teachers notes
- Box Journal
Karen Player , Manager Museum Outreach