Museum in a Box - Minibeast
Boxes are currently available each school term for set loan periods of three weeks. Museum in a Box can be sent to and collected from any educational institution within New South Wales.
The Minibeasts box is a resource designed specifically for Early Childhood. The topic was chosen to complement children's fascination with creatures that they find in their environment. It includes a great variety of 'treasures' - real insects and spiders embedded in resin, a large model ant, insect finger puppets, handmade silk butterfly wings, a specially created wooden ladybug puzzle, posters and books.
- 8 real insects and spiders embedded in clear plastic
- A large ant model, great for investigating body parts and as a drawing stimulus 'Magnetic minibeasts', 3 sets of magnetic minibeasts with a magnet board
- The 'Food Game'; designed as a simple introduction to food webs
- The 'What am I?' game; a simple classification activity
- 2 silk butterfly wing dress-ups, made especially for the box
- A handmade original wooden Ladybird puzzle, a sensory delight!
- A shiny green dung beetle hand puppet
- 12 finger puppets just for fun!
- Minibeast posters and reference books
- Teachers notes and a Box Journal
Karen Player , Manager Museum Outreach