Museum in a Box - Bush Tucker
Boxes are currently available each school term for set loan periods of three weeks. Museum in a Box can be sent to and collected from any educational institution within New South Wales.
The Bush Tucker box covers a range of issues from an Indigenous perspective using a variety of activities. It examines the ways in which Indigneous people obtain, process and use their food resources. It will also help students to understand:
- that Indigenous people use many methods of finding, collecting and processing food;
- that Indigenous people obtain a variety of products from a single resource;
- the creative way Indigneous people respond to diverse conditions and environments.
- 18 bush food specimens
- Bush smells
- Bush Tucker environment posters
- Bush Tucker activity card
- Bush Calendar posters
- Information panels
Karen Player , Manager Museum Outreach