Indigenous Australians exhibition update for schools
The Indigenous Australians exhibition is currently being refurbished.
Changes to the exhibition and its education resources are underway.
Teacher notes and student activities are being revised in line with changes to the exhibition and the syllabus.
The eastern end of the gallery displays objects from our permanent collections.
In November 2014 a new special exhibition called Sea Country will open in the western end of the gallery.
Students can further enhance their learning about Indigenous Australians by experiencing:
Educator-led onsite activities:
- Aboriginal Hands-on Session in Culture Space
- Indigenous Art Workshop at the Museum
- Indigenous Australians Tour - customised for your students with 2 weeks notice
Educator-led offsite activities:
- Totems Video Conference
- Indigenous Art Workshop Video Conference
- Create your Australian Flag Video Conference
Outreach - Museum in a Box
- Art and Performance
- Bush Tucker
- Cultural History
- Living on the Land
Ms Helen Wheeler , Education Project Officer