Fish Section Staff
The lists below show just a few of the many people who have worked over the years in the Fish Section.
- Dr Georgina Cook, Chadwick biodiversity Fellow
- Amanda Hay, Technical Officer
- Dr Matthew Lockett (working on the zoological catalogue)
- Mark McGrouther, Collection Manager
- Sally Reader, Technical Officer
Current volunteers (see link above right for more volunteers):
- Carson Creagh (2010) - registration, sorting, library work and myctophid egg counting.
- Anne Harris Stevens (2010) - Sorting and identifying Coral Sea adult fishes.
- Barbara Harvey (2003 - ) Sorting and identifying Coral Sea adult fishes. Barbara now works with John Paxton on myctophids.
- Jane Stevenson (2010 - present) Specimen registration and reprint filing.
- Mark Allen, Technical Officer
- Stephanie Baccarella, Technical Officer
- Jenn Brand, Technical Officer
- Brooke Carson-Ewart, Technical Officer
- Justine Djajadikarta, Technical Officer
- Dani Fox, Technical Officer
- Samantha Goyen, Technical Officer
- Elizabeth Hansen & Morgan Bedford, Technical Officers
- Greer Howarth Technical Officer, (2006-2007)
- Gerard Krefft Director (1861-1874)
- Shaun Morris, Technical Officer
- Kerryn Parkinson, Technical Officer
- Luke Pedini, Technical Officer
- John Pogonoski, Technical Officer (1994 - 2005)
- Denise Rennis, Technical Officer and Research Assistant (1981-1987)
- Dr Thomas Trnski, Technical Officer
- Michelle Yerman, Technical Officer
- Frank Talbot, Curator (1965 - 1966), Director (1967 -1975)
- Gilbert Percy Whitley, Curator (1922-1964)
- James Douglas Ogilby, Curator (1884 - 1890)
- Allan Riverstone McCulloch, vertebrate zoologist (1906-1925)
- Edward Pierson Ramsay Director/Curator (1874-1894)
- Edgar Ravenswood Waite Curator of Fishes: 1892-1906
Mark McGrouther , Collection Manager, Ichthyology