Touring exhibition: Deep Oceans
Exhibition currently touring: Questacon, Canberra
12th November 2012 - 10th November 2013.
Experience the eeriest place on earth – the deep oceans. You won’t believe your eyes.
Deep Oceans is a collaboration with Questacon – The National Science & Technology Centre.
Deep Oceans are the largest habitat for life on Earth ...but we’ve only explored a fraction of it.
We know more about the surface of Mars than about the dark depths of our own planet. But they’re already under threat.
Deep Oceans are home to some of the strangest creatures, living under some of the most inhospitable conditions on Earth. Come and meet some of them.
- Discover how different creatures have evolved to survive the extreme Deep Ocean world.
- See real deep sea exploration vessels and drive one in our simulator.
- Explore never-before-seen specimens from the deepest oceans.
- Witness a whale carcass being gradually consumed.
- Compare your growth to a Giant Tube Worm, the fastest-growing organism on Earth.
- Meet a life-sized giant squid.
- Question real Deep Ocean scientists about their discoveries.
Find out more information on the Deep Oceans website.
Educate and engage your audiences with these exciting education programs.
Borrow a Museum in a Box®. Choose from Sea Creatures, Life on the Seashore, Marine Mammals or Sharks. Each box contains a collection of real Museum specimens and objects, education resources, dioramas and information.
Connect with us virtually. Access the Australian Museum's collection and experts through our video conferences.
Exhibition Project Coordinator
- 12 November 2012 to 10 November 2013 - Questacon – The National Science & Technology Centre
Louise Teteris , Exhibition Project Coordinator, Touring Exhibition Development
Tags new tag...,