Classification and adaptation - Stage 4
Students explore the Surviving Australia exhibition and discover animal strategies for survival in Australia's changing climate and landscape using written stimulus questions.
Students explore Australian islands, dangerous and backyard animals, temperate marine waters, stromatolites, habitats, classification, adaptations, evolution and extinction. they can see life-size reconstructions and fossils of extinct Australian Megafauna and observe live Australian animals. There are many hands-on and interactive exhibits to inspire students. They use written stimulus questions to investigate the classification of vertebrates and invertebrates and their adaptations for survival in Australia.
- Syllabus links: Science Stage 4
- Maximum number of students: no limit on student numbers
- Duration: one hour
- Cost: general Museum entry charge per student
- Location: Surviving Australia exhibition, Level 2
Education Resource Kit
- A. Teacher Notes
- B. Student Activities
- C. Exhibition Guide
- D. Exhibition Floorplan
- E. Australian Museum Guide Map