Booking an education group
Charges for education groups and how to book an excursion to the Australian Museum. Bookings are essential.
The work experience program for secondary school students at the Australian Museum is not available this year but may be reinstated in the future.
Booking by telephone
Please telephone the Booking Officer on Phone: (+612) 9320 6163 and provide the following information:
- name of the person arranging the excursion and their email address
- name, address, phone number and fax number of your school/organisation
- 3 possible dates for the excursion in case your first preference is not available
- estimated time of arrival at the Museum
- departure time from the Museum
- main topic focus of your visit
- educator-led programs and/or self-guided exhibition visits requested
- approximate number of students
- school year group or level of the students
- number of supervising adults.
Booking by fax
Please print this Education Group Visit Request Form, complete it and fax it to the Booking Officer at the Australian Museum on Fax: (+612) 9320 6072
When a booking is confirmed by the Museum
Once a date is confirmed, we will send you:
- a Booking Confirmation Form
- any education resources you have requested
- a Teacher's Pass that allows you to visit the Australian Museum for free prior to your excursion. This will enable you to familiarise yourself with the building and permanent exhibitions. Please note that if you wish to visit a temporary exhibition it may incur a small entry charge.
When you receive this material please:
- check that all booking details are correct. If details need to be changed contact the Bookings Officer as soon as possible on (+612) 9320 6163
- check that you have received all the teaching resources you requested
- make copies of the appropriate written materials for students and accompanying adults
Please bring the Booking Confirmation Form and any required payment to the Museum on the day of your excursion. Payment can be made on the day by cash, school cheque or credit card. Alternatively your school can be invoiced.
Charges for education group excursions
Self-guided programs incur no additional charge above the general Museum entry charge per student.
Education programs led by a Museum educator incur a charge of $4.40 (incl GST) per student for each one-hour session above the general Museum entry charge. Some art, craft or special programs may have an additional charge for the cost of materials. Please ask about these when booking the excursion.