Booking an education group
Charges for education groups and how to book an excursion to the Australian Museum. Bookings are essential.
What we need to know
- Name of the person arranging the excursion and their contact details
- Name and address of your school/organisation
- Which educator-led program and/or self-guided exhibition visit you'd like
- 3 possible dates for the excursion in case your first preference is not available
- Approximate number of students
- School year group or level of the students
How to book
- Phone: +61 (0)2 9320 6222
- Email: Group bookings office
- Fax: +61 (0)2 9320 6072 (please print and fax this Education Group Visit Request Form)
- Self-guided programs
No additional charge above the general Museum entry charge per student.
- Educator-led programs
A charge of $4.40 (incl GST) per student for each one-hour session above the general Museum entry charge. Some art or special programs may have an additional charge for the cost of materials - please ask when booking.
How to pay
Your Booking Confirmation form will indicate the cost of your Museum entry and any additional components. Payment by cheque, cash, credit card or eftpos must be made at the time of your visit.
Invoicing is available to education and tour groups where a minimum invoice total exceeds $100.00. Please ensure you provide our Booking Office with full postal and contact details when making your booking and advise them of your request to invoice. Your tax invoice will be issued to you at the time of your visit to submit to your office for payment.
Information to assist teachers in risk management planning for their education group excursion to the Australian Museum.
Education Program Brochures
Information for teachers about maximising learning opportunities before, during and after a visit to the Museum.
Students with disabilities
All education programs at the Australian Museum are available to students with physical or learning disabilities. Please discuss your students' specific needs with the Booking Officer when booking the excursion so we can maximised the learning opportunites for them during their visit.
Save time: keep in touch with us via e-newsletters, social media and our blog.