Bone Detective - Stage 3
In this hands-on activity students undertake a first-hand investigation using scientific techniques.
Museum educator-led program
Students are given a real mammal jaw-bone and some clues and work collaboratively in teams to identify its animal owner. They explore the Skeletons exhibition and evaluate information, make suggestions and draw a conclusion.
- Syllabus links: Science Stage 3
- Maximum number of students: 30 (4 groups per day)
- Duration: one hour activity
- Cost: $4.40 (incl GST) per student additional to general Museum entry
- Available: Monday to Wednesday during term time.)
Education Resource Kit
Ms Helen Wheeler , Education Project Officer