Australian Museum as a Site Study-Stages 4-6
Students investigate how the buildings and exhibits of the Australian Museum have changed through time.
Museum educator-led program
Students are guided through the Australian Museum's heritage buildings, including non-public areas. Using historical photographs and their own observations they investigate how the buildings and exhibits of the Museum have changed through time. The program provides an opportunity for students to understand and actively engage in the past and appreciate the significance of the Australian Museum in the history of Sydney and Australia.
- Syllabus Links: History Stages 4-6
- Maximum number of students: 30 per session (4 groups of 30 per day)
- Duration: One and a half hours. (Additional hour for optional activity)
- Cost: $4.40 (incl GST) per student additional to General Museum entry. No additional cost for Museum Exhibits Activity as it is self-guided.
- Available: Wednesday to Friday during term time
The program consists of three parts:
- Presentation about the history of the Australian Museum by a Museum educator.
- Heritage Tour of the Australian Museum. Partly educator-led, partly self-guided.
- Museum Exhibits Activity. Optional and self-guided.
Education Resource Kit
- Teacher Notes
- Student Activities - Heritage Tour
- Student Activities - Museum Exhibits Activity
- Australian Museum History for Teachers
- Museum Guide Map
Ms Helen Wheeler , Education Project Officer