Atlas of Living Australia
The Atlas of Living Australia is an initiative to improve access to essential information on Australia’s biodiversity by providing tools for researchers and others to access, combine and map data on Australian species. The Atlas project is a partnership between the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), the Australian natural history collections community - as the Australian Museum - and the Australian Government.
The Atlas offers
- A page for each Australian plant, animal and fungi with photos, descriptions, distribution maps and observations.
- Lists of scientific and common names for Australian species.
- Identification keys and tools,
- Information on the specimens in Australian collections at museums, herbaria and other institutions.
- Mapping tools to analyse and visualise biodiversity and environmental data and trends.
- Information and tools for citizen science projects.
- Tools to track biodiversity and ecological environmental changes over time.
- Open source tools to download and use.
- Australian nodes of international biodiversity databases and tools.
Mr Martin Pueschel , Scientific Illustrator