Artlink - Stage 4
In this educator-led workshop students use the Museum exhibitions for inspiration and begin to create their own artwork.
Museum educator-led program
Students explore how artists gain inspiration and develop ideas from the natural world They apply this knowledge as they interact with the Museum collections as a professional artist would, and begin an artwork of their own. When booking, please select one of these three creative workshop options:
- illustrations using museum specimens
- textile artwork inspired by rocks and minerals
- 3D sculptures based on animal characteristics.
- Syllabus links: Visual Arts, Science, Technology, Design and Technology, Textiles Technology
- Maximum number of students: 30 (2 sessions times available per day)
- Duration: one and a half hours
- Cost: $5.50 (incl GST) per student in addition to general Museum entry charge
- Location: Nature Space 2, Level 2
Education Resource Kit
Ms Helen Wheeler , Education Project Officer