About the Eureka Prizes
A unique partnership between government organisations, institutions, companies and individuals committed to Australian science.
Presented annually by the Australian Museum in partnership with our sponsors and supporters, the prizes reward excellence in the fields of:
- research & innovation
- school science
- science communication & journalism
Entries closed on Friday 2 May 2014.
7 February: Entries open
2 May: Entries close 7pm AEST
8 August: Finalists announced online
10 September: Winners announced at the Award Dinner
- Established in 1990 to reward outstanding achievements in Australian science and science communication.
- Australia's most comprehensive national science awards.
- A unique co-operative partnership between government, education and research institutions, private sector companies, organisations and individuals. See our Sponsors.
- Each prize is judged by a panel of eminent and qualified individuals, whose contribution of expertise and time helps support the credibility of the Eureka Prizes.
- The Australian Museum Eureka Prizes culminates in a gala Award Dinner, which celebrates and rewards Australian science.
- The 2013 dinner was attended by 700 guests, with comperes Bernie Hobbs and Graham Phillips.
- In 2014, 15 prizes will be awarded in four categories - Research & Innovation, Leadership, Science Communication & Journalism and School Science.
Please call us on (02) 9320 6483 or send us an email.
Kea Lambert , Project Officer, Eureka Prizes